All of the defined terms herein will have the same meaning as those in Spendrise’s Terms of Service, unless noted otherwise.
- What We Collect
In order for you to use our Platform, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Platform, that may include:
- information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on Spendrise, including if you Pledge, create a Campaign, create an account, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through Spendrise, or request any information;
- your login and password details, in connection with the account sign-in process;
- information about your activity on and interaction with Spendrise, such as your IP address and the type of device or browser you use;
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- information that you submit to Spendrise in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
- What’s Private
This data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- any payment information you provide
- your password details
- your IP address
- your phone number
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
We don’t give your personal information to any third-party services, except when it’s necessary to provide Spendrise’s Services (like when we partner with payment processors). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the Spendrise Services, we require that they protect your personal information to the same standards we do.
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Spendrise’s legal rights.
- What’s Only Shared with Campaign Creators
- What’s Public
Campaign Creators are asked to verify their identities before launching a Campaign. Once this has been done, the Creator’s verified name will be publicly displayed on any Campaigns they launch.
- Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the Services;
- send you marketing communications we think you may find useful, but only in accordance with your email preferences;
- present Campaigns to you when you use the Platform which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Platform;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you pose through the Platform;
- analyze the use of the Platform and the people visiting to improve our content and Platform; and
- use for other purposes that we will disclose to you whenever we request your information.
We take securing your data and preserving your privacy very seriously. We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. Spendrise Campaign Creators never receive users’ credit card details or other payment information. We do not and will not sell your data.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please contact us at email@example.com. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send.
We will send you email relating to your personal transactions, such as confirmation when you create a Campaign or Pledge. You will also receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time. We may send you service-related announcements on the rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.